melukl, v.t.transport; move (residence, etc.); hit; hit or smash into or against.
melukl a ngodechii a blil; olsechall; ngukiii, ngmukl a blai, ngklel
ngukliiv.pf.3snguklii a melukl er ngii; nguklii a blil.
ngilekliiv.pf.3s.past
nguklv.pf.3p.inan.ngukl a melukl; nguklii a blil el choridii; mo cheroid.
ngiluklv.pf.3p.inan.past
ngkleln.poss.3sngklel a omelukl er ngii; melukl; nguklii a blil el mo er a cheroid.
kelukl
/kengukl
v.recip.hit or smash into each other.
kengukl a di du el melukl; melodech er a olsechall; nguklii, ngmukl a blirir, kengukl a blai el mo cheroid, ngeklel a blai.
menguklv.erg.
ngkuul
/ngkull
v.a.s.is to be transported or moved.
ngkull a kirel el mengukl; blai a ngkull el mo cheroid er a rael; nguklii; ngmukl, ngodechii a omekedecheraol.
ngluklv.r.s.transported; moved; hit; smashed into or against.
nglukl a mla mengukl; nglai el mo er a kuk ngodech; blai a nglukl el mo er a cheroid; nguklii; ngklel.
Examples:
> My brother's name is John.
> Once upon a time, there was a god named Meluadeangel.
Proverbs:
> Like the name of the bai at Chol: "Empty."
A bai in the northern community of Chol is (or once was) called Medederiik, meaning "deserted" or "empty." The idiom may apply to a person without possessions, a poor man.
> Like the name of the community house at Ngerekabesang: "Buttressed."
At Ngerekabesang in Koror (central Palau) there is a community house (bai) called Telkakl, which means "to buttress" or "to be buttressed." Some of the older bai in Palau were thus supported with beams from the ground to the eaves, and the implication has been added that a bai so supported must be very full of important possessions. This idiom is used of a person who is wealthy, or of one's self, meaning that one has cash on hand.
More Examples:
> What is the name of this place?
> What is his or her name?
> What's your younger brother's name? (male to
> What's your mother's name?
> What's your younger sister's name? (female to
ngakl, n.name.
ngakl a olechotel a chad me a klalo me a beluu; Oreor a ngakl, Dilbung a ngakl, kerrekar a ngakl; ngklel.
ngklekn.poss.1s
ngklemn.poss.2s
ngkleln.poss.3sngklel a ngakl er ngii.
ngklamn.poss.1pe
ngkledn.poss.1pi
ngkliun.poss.2p
ngklirn.poss.3p
See also: ,
Examples:
> My brother's name is John.
> Once upon a time, there was a god named Meluadeangel.
> What's your name?
Proverbs:
> Like the name of the community house at Ngerekabesang: "Buttressed."
At Ngerekabesang in Koror (central Palau) there is a community house (bai) called Telkakl, which means "to buttress" or "to be buttressed." Some of the older bai in Palau were thus supported with beams from the ground to the eaves, and the implication has been added that a bai so supported must be very full of important possessions. This idiom is used of a person who is wealthy, or of one's self, meaning that one has cash on hand.
> Like the name of the bai at Chol: "Empty."
A bai in the northern community of Chol is (or once was) called Medederiik, meaning "deserted" or "empty." The idiom may apply to a person without possessions, a poor man.
More Examples:
> What's your younger brother's name? (male to
> What's your friend's name?
> What's your father's name?
> Names of the cooks at this school.
> What is his or her name?

Search for another word:

WARN Table 'belau.log_bots' doesn't exist
INSERT INTO log_bots (page,ip,agent,user,proxy) VALUES ('index.php: pe -> ngklel (1)','3.228.220.31','CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/)','','')